Wednesday 18 January 2012

Goan style beef curry

Thanks all for your awesome yummy responses about my beef dishes. Glad you all enjoyed

1. Beef-pickle-kerala-style
2. Beef Curry the street food sytle/ thattukada beef
3. Easy-beef-piralan/ Kerala Beef piralan/ Spicy Beef stirfry
4. kerala-beef-curry
5.
IF you haven't checked this yet, please do, I assure you if you are a beef dish fan you wont be disappointed.


Goan Style Beef Curry.




Beef - 1/2 kg.
Onion sliced- 1 big.
Ginger and garlic crushed- 2 tsp
Chily powder- 2 tsp( if it is Kashmiri- normal hot chilli powder- 1 1/2 tsp)
Peppercorn- 1/4 tsp.
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
Coconut milk-1/2 cup
Mustard paste- 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seed- 1/4 tsp
Cardamom- 1 crushed
Vinegar- 2tsp
Salt & oil- as required.

Method:

1.Marinate the beef in half portion of chilli, pepper powder, turmeric, vinegar and salt and keep it aside for 30mnts.
2.Heat one spoon of oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, cardamon, crushed ginger garlic, peppercorns and fry for 2mnts.
3.Add onion to this with a pinch of salt and cook this covered in low heat for 8mnts.
4.Add the rest of the powders and fry till the raw smell goes.
5.Add the beef mixture and in medium heat fry to three minutes.
6.Add 1/4 water and vinegar and pressure cook.
7.When the meat is tender add coconut milk and just heat for few seconds and serve warm.

Enjoy ...
P.S: You can remove fat from the meat if you want, I used meat with fat.

If you do not like the taste of Vinegar you can avoid it and use tomato paste as a substitute.

Can't find coconut milk, use fresh cream, but don't boil it after that.
would u like to meet me @ face book???Here I am http://www.facebook.com/deepapraveens

8 comments:

Dannii said...

I am loving all the flavours in this. It looks like a really comforting meal.

Byron Thomas said...

This looks delicious! I love curry!

Whitney said...

Oh man! I am going to have to try this! When I visited Goa, I loved how the cuisine was so different!

Becky Winkler (A Calculated Whisk) said...

This looks delicious! My favorite chicken dish at my local Indian restaurant is chicken goa and I love the flavors of that region.

Unknown said...

Great...Awesome recipe.

Unknown said...

Great...looks awesome

Unknown said...

I've never had this dish before, but based on the ingredients I know I would LOVE it! Pinning to make for sure :)

Anne @ Inhabited Kitchen said...

That sounds good.

And I just got a pressure cooker... I may need to make this in it!

Yum

You may like this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...