from my archive..
"spinach potato samosa". Sorry for the shape i prepared this one like
this..I was in a hurry..I didn"t fry it i baked it instead, in the
oven...so different from the normal fried version but more healthy :P.
Floks I was browsing all your wonderful blogs...will be back with my
feed backs soon..enjoy your week end.
1. Small potatoes, boiled=3
4.Green chilli=1(finely chopped).
5. Turmeric powder=1/4 tsp
6. Vegetable oil=1/4cup (if you are frying).
(For oven bake=2 tsp.)
8.Fresh ginger=peeled and grated finely=1 inch
9.Garlic cloves= minced=2.
10. Pepper =1/4 tsp
11.Fresh spinach= coarse stems discarded and leaves washed and drained =2cups.
1.Sprinkle salt over boiled potatoes break it into small cubes using hand.
2.Set the potatoes aside.
3.Heat a heavy skillet over moderate heat, and then add 1 spoon oil to this once oil is hot add the fennel seeds,then add onion.
4.Stir this occasionally for 3-4 mnts.
5. Then add chili ,gingerroot, and garlic, and garam masala, stir for few more minutes.
6. Now add the potatoes and spinach to the skillet and sauté over moderately high heat then cover it with a lid every now and then stir this for the next two to three minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside to cool.
8. Heat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
9. To assemble samosas make a chapathi base then brush butter or oil lightly over the corners.
10. Put 1 teaspoon of potato/spinach mixture in the middle then fold it(Easy way).
11. Bake samasos in the middle of oven for 10 minutes or until it is golden.
P.S :You can also pan fry.(deep or shallow)