Paneer Butter Masala/ Paneer Makhani
1. Paneer – 250 gm (cube them and fry till they are golden brown and transfer this to a cup of hot water and keep it aside for 5 minutes; then squeeze them)
2. Onion – 2 big (sliced)
3. Tomatoes – 3
4. Green chilli - 2
5. Butter – 3 table spoon
6. Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tbsp
7. Cashew nut paste – 2 tbsp ( you can also use couple of raisins when you make cashew paste)
8. Clove – 2
9. Bay leaf – 1
10. Powders :
· Turmeric – 1/4 tbsp
· Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tbsp
· Cardamom powder – ½ tbsp.
· Garam masala – 1 tbsp
· Kashthuri meethi and tandoori powder – ½ tbsp each (optional)
11. Fresh cream or yogurt – 3 tbsp
13. Oil – 1 ½ table spoon.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add clove and bay leaf; fry this for one minute in medium heat.
2. Add sliced onion with a pinch of salt and cook for 6 minutes (covered).
3. Add ginger garlic paste followed by green chillies and cashew paste and fry for another two minutes.
4. Add the powders, turn the heat to low and stir well for some time.
5. Allow this to cool down, transfer this to a food processor and grind well to get a smooth paste.
6. Blanch tomatoes in hot water for some time and remove the skin, before doing so give a small knife cut in tomato skin then it is easy to peel).
7. Heat butter in the same pan, we already prepared and transfers the onion masala puree to this and let this simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Meanwhile make a puree out of the tomatoes and add this to onion masala and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Add the paneer cubes and let this simmer for further 5 minutes.
10. If you like a dry curry you can serve this straight away garnished with cream or yogurt
11. If you prefer gravy add 1 cup of hot water and allow this to boil and let it simmer for some time, then serve.
(This method is different from the conventional method; will post the conventional method soon)