This a a very sweet kerala tea time snack.
1. Moong dal / green gram / cheru payar - 1 cup
2. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
3. Cumin seed - 1/4 tsp or use powder 1/4 tsp.
4. Cardamom crushed - 4/3 tsp
5.Jaggery - 1/2 cup
6. All purpose flour - 4/3 cup
7. Rice flour - 1 tbsp
8.Coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Cook the green gram with enough water. Drain the water and keep this aside. ( You can use a pressure cooker).
2. Melt jaggerry by adding 1/4 cup of water.
3. Mix grated coconut.
4. In another bowl mix all purpose flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, coconut powder with enough water and make a thick batter.
5.Make lemon size balls out of moong dal mix and dip this in the batter and deep fry them. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy
would u like to meet me @ face book???Here I am http://www.facebook.com/deepapraveens