- Grated carrot - 4-5 carrots
- Onion -small- chopped - 1 or shallots 4-5
- Salt to taste
- Water - one tablespoon
- For Grinding:
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 3
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp (optional)
- In a bowl combine grated carrots and the ground mixture and salt and mix well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when they pop up add curry leaves and chopped small onion.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and add the carrot mixture and combine it well.
- Keep everything to the center of the pan, sprinkle water and cook it covered on a low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Uncover and saute for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.Serve warm.