1. Prawns: 250 gm.
2. Rice : 1 cup.
3.Cinnamon /cloves/cardamom crushed - 1 tsp.
4.Bay leaf- 1
5.Butter - 1 tsp
6.Lime juice - 2 tsp
7.Water - 2cup
8.Onion thinly sliced - 2 medium ones
9.Green chili - 1
10. Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 1/2 tsp
11.Tomato small chopped - 1
12.Yogurt - 4 tsp
13.Chili powder - 4/3 tsp
14. Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
15. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
16.Garam masala - 1 tsp
17. Coconut milk thin - 1/4 cup.
1.Marinate the prawns with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, lemon juice tsp, salt leave in room temperature for 30 mnts.
2.Soat rice for 15 mnts and drain.
3. Heat butter in a pan and add bay leaf and powdered spices. After one or two mnt add the rice and fry for 3-4 mnts.
4. Add water (preferably boiling water) then add one tsp lime juice and bit salt cook this covered till done.
5. Once it is cool keep this refrigerated for 2 hours. (optional)
6. Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns for 3- 6 mnts. Remove the prawns then add onion and saute for 3 mnts, then add crushed ginger, garlic paste fry for 2 mnts, then add chopped tomatoes fry for another 4 mnts or then add the fried prawns back to it and mix well for further 2 mnts or till the masala is dry. Once it is dry mix yogurt with coconut milk and add this to the masala.
a) Microwave: Layer the masala first in a bowel then add spread rice as next layer repeat the process till rice and masala is over and microwave in high for 4 mnts.
b) Pan : Heat 1 tsp gee in a pan Layer rice and masala. Cover it with lid and cook in low flame for 4 mnts stir once.
Garnish with fried onions,raisins, nuts.
would u like to meet me @ face book???Here I am http://www.facebook.com/deepapraveens